Saturday, September 20, 2014

Photo of the Week

Letter from Michael Cusack
This week's photo comes courtesy of Mickey Fives, formerly of the Burgery, and shows a letter written in the 1880's to his granduncle, John Greene by Michael Cusack, first secretary of the GAA and whom the stand in Croke Park is named after. It is concerned with National League matters. John's brother, Edmond chaired the first meeting of the Waterford County Board meaning that our club's connection to the association goes all the way back to its foundation.
Club History
Abbeyside / Ballinacourty GAA Club was formed in 1967 as a result of the amalgamation of Abbeyside Hurling and Football Clubs and Ballinacourty Football Club. It is situated within the Parish of Abbeyside, Ballinroad and Garranbane. Located on the eastern side of the River Colligan, it forms the northern and eastern shorelines of Dungarvan Harbour from Abbeyside Church to Ballinacourty Lighthouse
Development Fund
Abbeyside/Ballinacourty GAA Club has been growing at a dramatic pace over the past 10 years with the population of our parish increasing rapidly. We must ensure that we have the best facilities for all our players. We want to ensure that the next generation have the facilities that they need and deserve. We are asking supporters and friends to support this project over the next five years.
Strategic Plan
Past generations have had their visions for the future of our club. These are our current aims and with these achieved we hope to hand on the club to future generations in the same healthy state it was passed onto us.
Abbeyside/Ballinacourty GAA Club, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford, Ireland.
Website by: Déise Design