Saturday, November 29, 2014

1938 Annual General Meeting

Our AGM takes place on Friday night next, 5th December at 8:00pm in Scoil Mhuire, Abbeyside.  All are invited to attend.  This week’s history slot features club officers, hurling and football captains and vice captains and selectors elected at the AGM held in the Sexton Street Club on 16th January 1938.  The club decided to affiliate in Junior Hurling and Junior Football.

President: M. Foley
Vice President: J. Organ
Treasurer: P. Burke
Secretary: J. Hayes
Assistant Secretary: E. Hayes
Delegates to Co. Board: P. Whelan, P. Burke
Hurling Captain: J. Burke
Hurling Vice Captain: T. O’Gorman
Football Captain: P. Whelan
Football Vice Captain: J. Waters
Selection Committee: P. Nagle, T. O’Gorman, T. Waters, J. McHugh

Club History
Abbeyside / Ballinacourty GAA Club was formed in 1967 as a result of the amalgamation of Abbeyside Hurling and Football Clubs and Ballinacourty Football Club. It is situated within the Parish of Abbeyside, Ballinroad and Garranbane. Located on the eastern side of the River Colligan, it forms the northern and eastern shorelines of Dungarvan Harbour from Abbeyside Church to Ballinacourty Lighthouse
Development Fund
Abbeyside/Ballinacourty GAA Club has been growing at a dramatic pace over the past 10 years with the population of our parish increasing rapidly. We must ensure that we have the best facilities for all our players. We want to ensure that the next generation have the facilities that they need and deserve. We are asking supporters and friends to support this project over the next five years.
Strategic Plan
Past generations have had their visions for the future of our club. These are our current aims and with these achieved we hope to hand on the club to future generations in the same healthy state it was passed onto us.
Abbeyside/Ballinacourty GAA Club, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford, Ireland.
Website by: Déise Design