Saturday, July 27, 2013

Photo of the Week

Ballinroad Junior Football Team, 1929
Back Row (L to R): Tom Meehan, Gusty Kiely, Maurice O'Connor, Tom Cowman, Jimmy Power (Capt.), Tommy Crotty, Pad Veale, Mickie Kiely.
Middle Row (L to R): Paddy Moloney, Tom Fitzgerald, Jack Crotty, Tommy Kennedy, Ned Fitzgerald, Mick Carlton, Jack Carlton.
Front Row (L to R): Johnny Landers, Patsy Cowman, Mikie O'Brien, Davy O'Connor, Jackie Bumster.
Seated in Front: Thomas Meehan (mascot).

This week's photo shows the Ballinroad Junior Football team that was defeated 3-2 to 0-2 by Poulavinogue in Dungarvan on September 1st, 1929. Defeat to the eventual divisional champions followed earlier wins over Kinsalebeg-Clashmore, Aglish and the Nire. 
Club History
Abbeyside / Ballinacourty GAA Club was formed in 1967 as a result of the amalgamation of Abbeyside Hurling and Football Clubs and Ballinacourty Football Club. It is situated within the Parish of Abbeyside, Ballinroad and Garranbane. Located on the eastern side of the River Colligan, it forms the northern and eastern shorelines of Dungarvan Harbour from Abbeyside Church to Ballinacourty Lighthouse
Development Fund
Abbeyside/Ballinacourty GAA Club has been growing at a dramatic pace over the past 10 years with the population of our parish increasing rapidly. We must ensure that we have the best facilities for all our players. We want to ensure that the next generation have the facilities that they need and deserve. We are asking supporters and friends to support this project over the next five years.
Strategic Plan
Past generations have had their visions for the future of our club. These are our current aims and with these achieved we hope to hand on the club to future generations in the same healthy state it was passed onto us.
Abbeyside/Ballinacourty GAA Club, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford, Ireland.
Website by: Déise Design