Saturday, February 22, 2014

Photo of the Week

Junior Hurlers v St. Garvan's, 1955
Back Row (L to R): L. Fraher, D. McGregor, M. Organ, F. McGovern, T. Whelan, M. Hogan, A. Kiely, D. Ruske.
Front Row (L to R): J. Leahy, J. Power, J. Morrissey, J. Enright, B. Mulcahy, T. Whelan.

This week's photo shows the Abbeyside Junior Hurling team that defeated St. Garvan's, 2-4 to 1-5, in the first round of championship in April 1955. The team followed this victory with a comprehensive win over Coher Ramblers in the next round. Interest in the competition was ended in round three by Fourmilewater who scored a big win over the Villagers at Lismore. 
Club History
Abbeyside / Ballinacourty GAA Club was formed in 1967 as a result of the amalgamation of Abbeyside Hurling and Football Clubs and Ballinacourty Football Club. It is situated within the Parish of Abbeyside, Ballinroad and Garranbane. Located on the eastern side of the River Colligan, it forms the northern and eastern shorelines of Dungarvan Harbour from Abbeyside Church to Ballinacourty Lighthouse
Development Fund
Abbeyside/Ballinacourty GAA Club has been growing at a dramatic pace over the past 10 years with the population of our parish increasing rapidly. We must ensure that we have the best facilities for all our players. We want to ensure that the next generation have the facilities that they need and deserve. We are asking supporters and friends to support this project over the next five years.
Strategic Plan
Past generations have had their visions for the future of our club. These are our current aims and with these achieved we hope to hand on the club to future generations in the same healthy state it was passed onto us.
Abbeyside/Ballinacourty GAA Club, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford, Ireland.
Website by: Déise Design